every student at husson university must complete a master promissory note (mpn) and a direct loan entrance counseling regardless if they have borrowed loans before at another school.
if you are a new student, you are not able to complete the direct loan entrance counseling and mpn until may 1.
if you are a current student and receiving a notice that you are missing the direct loan entrance counseling and mpn, that means you may not have completed them previously. please complete both and we will get the information via electronic notification.
instructions on how to complete the process
1. please go to www.studentloans.gov, and sign in.
2. under "choose loan counseling type" select "entrance counseling"
3. select husson university as the school you are completing counseling for.
4. click "i am completing entrance counseling in order to receive loans as an undergraduate student."
5. once you complete the entrance counseling print the confirmation page.
6. click "you can submit a master promissory note"(mpn).
7. click on subsidized/unsubsidized.
8. fill in all personal information and school information as requested.
9. pay close attention to the directions in the gray box at the top of the page when completing the references section of your mpn. failure to provide valid references will result in a rejection of your mpn, and a delay in your loan funds.
10. you must read each section of the terms and conditions to continue.
11. you must open and review the html version of the document. when you return back to the original screen, enter your name at the bottom of the screen. click sign. then click continue.
12. in the last screen, print the master promissory note to keep for your records.
you do not need to send us the documents. we are electronically notified once you complete the mpn and entrance counseling.